The answer is: The construction of our Facial Flex device is well-informed by the study of Facial Biomechanics.
Facial Biomechanics is the science of facial movements, including how muscles interact with the facial skin surface.
It specifically refers to the study of how the skeletal and musculature systems of the face work under different conditions. Facial Biomechanics also includes the structure of bones and muscles and the movement they can produce, along with the mechanics of blood circulation.
By understanding Facial Biomechanics, Facial Concepts Inc. was able to create a tool that is truly compatible with the underlying facial muscle structures.
The broader study of Biomechanics studies human motion during exercise and sports. Physics and the laws of mechanics are applied to athletic performance.
- Equipment: Biomechanics can be used in the design of sports equipment, clothing, shoes, and the fields and facilities where sports are played. For example, a shoe can be designed for the best performance for a middle-distance runner or a racket for the best grip.
- Individuals: Biomechanics can be applied to individuals, analyzing their movements and coaching them for more effective movement during exercise and sports movement. For example, a runner’s cadence (running gait) or a golfer’s golf swing can be filmed and recommendations made for them to improve it.
- Injuries: Biomechanics can be applied to studying the causes, treatment, and prevention of sports injuries. The research can analyze the forces at work that can lead to an ankle sprain and how shoe design or the playing surface might reduce the risk of injury.
- Training: Biomechanics can study sports techniques and training systems and develop ways to make them more efficient. This can include basic research into how hand position affects propulsion in swimming. It can propose and analyze new training techniques based on the mechanical demands of the sport, aimed at resulting in better performance.
Through the study of Facial Biomechanics, Facial-Flex has been scientifically studied at a biological Skin Study Center to determine its ergonomic compatibility with the underlying facial muscle structures and pinpointed the accuracy of impact at directing measured resistance to build, tone, and firm the muscles of the face, chin, and neck in proper form.
Facial Concepts Inc./Facial-Flex® has been FDA-registered since 1991 and has remained the flagship facial exercise product of choice ever since.
Facial-Flex is known for helping many different people.
- Musicians use Facial-Flex for embouchure development.
- TMJ sufferers use Facial-Flex to relieve pain and discomfort.
- Facial burn victims use Facial-Flex as a prosthetic training aid
- Individuals who care about health and fitness use Facial-Flex to improve skin, muscle tone, and physical appearance
It’s one tool that helps a lot of people in a lot of ways.
Behind the simplicity and versatility of the tool is thoughtful research and science that supports the “magic” of Facial-Flex, one field of research being Facial Biomechanics.
Facial-Flex is a tool that is so simple to an everyday user, but behind it is complex research that really understands a broad range of needs for people to achieve their goals.
Today, Facial-Flex helps so many all over the world with over 1.3 million Facial-Flexes sold so far through 2020. Sounds like a win in our book. 🙂
Interested in buying a Facial-Flex device? Shop here: https://www.facialflex.com/shop-now/order-facial-flex/