Don’t get us wrong—we love summer. But sometimes the heat and humidity on our makeup can look anything but pretty. Case in point: makeups that melt off in less than a few hours. Today, we’re dishing on our best summer makeup tips that will prevent you from any smeared makeup fiasco.
- · Before you apply your makeup, make sure to start with clean skin. If you have combination/oily skin, we recommend using a special oil control cleanser.
- · Prime your lids with a stay-all-day formula. Urban Decay’s best-selling Eyeshadow Primer Potion works wonders on every skin type.
- · Stock up on creamy eye shadows and blushes instead of powders. Cream shadows offer a formula that helps it absorb in to skin and last all day compared to powders.
- · Keep a pack of blotting papers in your purse. Just one paper will help wipe away excess shine, oil and sweat.
- · We’re a fan of tinted lip balms or gel-based lipsticks, which will provide long-wearing color and help fight that awful heat without smearing any color off your lips.
- · Opt for waterproof mascara. There are a bevy of mascaras that offer waterproof formulas (like Maybelline Colossal Waterproof Mascara) that not only work under water but are contact-lens safe.
- · Apply a finishing powder or spray. Setting makeup before you head out in the heat will keep your makeup intact.